Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Charity Never Fails. . .


In the segment today, we are talking about a subject that is the main ingredient and the foundation of your marital relationship. That subject is called "LOVE". The Bible calls it charity!

1 Corinthians 13
1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Why so much scripture, one might say. . . . .simply because it is the instructional manual and principle guide for marriages. It is so important that we understand the guidelines that God has established for marriages. Love being the first. Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. You see my dear readers, if God joins any man and woman together; they are joined because of love. The secrets of a man's heart is only revealed in the Spirit; and God sees the heart. Our ability to submit ourselves to each is only possible through love. It is our foundation for marriage. It is God's mandate for marriage. For God so loved, until He gave. . . .as we become more like Him, (Christ in us, the hope of Glory), we are able to give, first to each other, then that love is shed abroad.

What's the real message here? God's love for mankind is demonstrated in the bond of Holy Matrimony, that's right, God uses marriages as an example to humanity of His desire to reunite with us. That's how much He loves us, and He desires that we do the same to each other.
It's so important to love! Love even covers a multitude of sin. Love your mate today, it's the best thing that could ever happen to your marriage!
Be Blessed!



2 comments:

Book Flame said...

you have an excellent blog, I sat down with my husband and read every post on your blog tonight and it really inspired me and him this will definitely be one of my daily reads.

Bishop Larry C.&; Sis Brenda Scott said...

I am grateful and humbled that you and your husband have been able to share the Power of the Word through my blog. The healing begins at the cross, then life is alluminated through the power of the Word! Always be Blessed!

Marriage is Honorable

Marriage is Honorable
be not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. . .Ephesians 5:17