Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Special Christmas Gift. . .


So many times in ministry, we get prayer requests for all sorts of reasons. We thought that since you precious readers are so kind enough to read our segment blogs, we would like to take the time to offer one of the prayer answers that was sent to a dear sister in Christ.
We have however,taken out her name for privacy, but I believe that some of you may need the same type of prayer, or perhaps a love one, or a friend or neighbor. Nevertheless, I want you to know that Jesus didn't just preach to the people; he fed them, he taught them, and he prayed for them.
Believe it or not, married or not, God still cares about the total you! . . so here's a Christmas prayer for you or who ever will grab a hold of faith and believe God.......and I guarantee it'll make a difference. . . so here's the answer prayer we wrote:

God Bless you (put your name or love one or who ever here)

I hope that this email finds you and your family doing well. My wife has shared with me some things that seem to be going on in your body that are of concern and asked me to offer a prayer of healing and deliverance. So before I do that, I'd like you to hear this testimony of a few years back.

On a cold wintery night, my wife and I had just closed out a Revival in Philadelphia and were caught in a terrible snow storm; so bad that we were not able to leave the city and were stranded. Miraculously an elderly lady (evangelist) just happened to stop by the church and offer to put us up for the night. She lived not far away and proceeded to take us to her home. She prepared a special room for us for the night and said that she would have breakfast for us in the morning.
The next morning as she said, breakfast was prepared. I told her how Sis Scott and I really appreciated her hospitality and told her that we didn't have money to pay her, but if she had a prayer request, we would honor it. She immediately told us about her brother who lived up stairs had had the hickups for fifteen years and no doctor could cure him., so we asked if we could meet him and pray for him ; she agreed and called the brother downstairs.
We introduced ourselves as evangelist and asked if he believed in the Power of God. He nodded and agreed to a faith prayer. Even as we were talking the man was still continuing to hick up. We immediately took some regular olive oil and touched his forhead lightly and began to pray a short prayer of healing. As we lifted our hands from him, his hick up stopped. The man jumped up and began to praise God for this miracle. Amen!

I believe that God wants to do the same for you today, so as I was praying in my prayer closet,just this morning, I saw your face come before me, and I heard the Spirit say : give her this testimony and pray this prayer:

HEAVENLY FATHER, IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS, I PRAY THAT MY DEAR SIS/BRO HAS BELIEVED YOUR REPORT, AND I PRAY NOW FOR HER BODY. TOUCH RIGHT NOW THIS WOMAN IN JESUS NAME, FROM THE TOP OF HER HEAD TO THE SOUL OF HER FEET, CANCEL OUT THE LUMPS AND DESOLVE ANY INFIRMITY IN HER BODY IS MY PRAYER TODAY IN JESUS NAME.. . AND I THANK YOU AND PRAISE YOU FOR IT. . . . .AMEN!

I don't know about you, but I believe that while we were praying, God was touching your body. I praise God for that and I praise God for you.
Have a wonderful day and remember, you are blessed!
love in Christ,
Bishop Larry and Brenda Scott

1 comment:

Jollyjo said...

I have always admired the power to mix a sermon/prayer with a story...

Marriage is Honorable

Marriage is Honorable
be not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. . .Ephesians 5:17